|✅ Gmail||❌ O365||❌ OWA||❌ COM Add-In|
Uploading a CSV with ContactMonkey is a quick and easy way to add many recipients to your internal communication campaigns. This article will guide you through the steps to upload a CSV with ContactMonkey and Gmail.
CSV files are an alternative to internally built email lists or Google Groups in Gsuite. A CSV file allows you to create custom lists without relying on your IT department. They can be exported from a data source like Workday or another employee directory and uploaded into ContactMonkey.
In this article:
Getting Started With CSVs
Not sure which ContactMonkey Gmail option you are using? Check out Using ContactMonkey and Gmail to learn more.
Before uploading a CSV with ContactMonkey, ensure your CSV file is formatted correctly. Consider using our sample CSV file to make it as easy as possible. If you’ve exported your data and need help making the CSV compatible with ContactMonkey, check out Formatting Your CSV File.
Uploading a CSV In The ContactMonkey Dashboard
Once you’ve got your CSV prepped and ready, you can upload it while getting ready to send your email through ContactMonkey by following these steps:
- Login to your ContactMonkey account using Sign in with Google.
No account yet? Sign up for a free trial 🎉
- Head to Emails
- Select Compose & Send or hit Actions > Send next to the email you wish to send.
Haven't created an email yet? Follow the steps here to get started.
- in Send To under Select a Type, choose CSV Upload
- Select your file from your device and hit “Open”
- Choose Upload CSV and select your file from your device.
Once uploaded successfully, you can confirm how many contacts are in the list you are sending to.
Note: Unless you use List Management, you must upload the CSV each time you send. To manage your recipient lists more efficiently, contact your ContactMonkey Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about List Management.
Uploading a CSV with the Chrome Extension For Gmail
If you’re using the ContactMonkey's Chrome Extension for Gmail, you can upload a CSV following these steps:
- Open your Gmail inbox
- Click on the Internal Comms button from the ContactMonkey options in your Gmail inbox.
- In the new email that opens, click “Upload CSV” in the top right corner
- Select your CSV file from your device
- Preview your email to ensure all the fields were matched properly.
- Complete your email and send it off! Learn more about sending your email with the Chrome Extension For Gmail.
Q: What are my sending limits when using a CSV in Gmail?
A: This varies based on if you are using Email at Scale and what type of tracking you select.
Q: Can I use merge tags when sending to a CSV?
A: Of course! Check out our article on using Merge Fields.
Formatting Your CSV FIle