|✅ Gmail||✅ O365||✅ OWA||✅ COM Add-In|
This article is specific to our Internal Communications tool. Looking to learn more about the Sales Tool? You can check out Getting Started With The Sales Tool.
Through the ContactMonkey and Okta integration, you can connect your employees seamlessly into ContactMonkey and allow users to securely log in to ContactMonkey through Okta Single Sign On (SSO).
Integrating ContactMonkey with Okta SSO can enhance your account security by reducing the number of passwords users need to remember and potentially share. It also provides your IT teams with centralized authentication and authorization processes that provide better control and visibility over user access.
In This Article:
Integrating Okta SSO with ContactMonkey is available for Enterprise plans.
Before using the steps in this guide, you must have the following:
- The technical documentation required for Step 2. Ask your Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org for this if you have yet to be sent it.
- A member of your IT team with Okta Super Admin permissions configure Okta as an OAuth provider for ContactMonkey.
- You or your IT team must have sent email@example.com your Okta login URL, Okta Client ID, and Okta Client Secret. These are created once Okta has been configured as an OAuth provider for ContactMonkey.
To send your IT team steps to complete step one, you must have the URL specific to the region your ContactMonkey account was set up in. Please contact your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more clarification.
- For US: https://contactmonkey.com/users/auth/okta/callback
- For EU: https://contactmonkeyeu.com/users/auth/okta/callback
How It Works
To integrate Okta SSO and ContactMonkey, your organization must already have a pre-existing ContactMonkey account. This does mean that the first ContactMonkey user will need to have full login credentials at first, but after Okta is configured, they will no longer have those.
Your IT team must add ContactMonkey to your Okta tenant before using it. This is a light lift and should take 10 minutes for a teammate that is familiar with Okta. We have full steps for completing this that can be sent to your IT team as a PDF. Please get in touch with email@example.com if you need this.
From now on, any new ContactMonkey teammates must authorize ContactMonkey to send campaigns through your email provider.
Step 1: Configure Okta As An OAuth Provider For ContactMonkey
This part is completed by a member of your IT team with Okta Super Admin permissions. To get the steps for completing this within Okta, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. This process should be familiar to most Okta administrators and takes roughly 10 minutes.
Once complete, you or your IT teammate must send the following information to email@example.com:
- Okta login URL
- Okta Client ID
- Okta Client Secret
- Any domains you wish to be able to use ContactMonkey from the same Okta tenant as a comma-separated text list.
- Example: contactmonkey.com, contactmonkey.ca, contact.monkey
Our team will add these to our backend and confirm once complete.
Step 2: Connect ContactMonkey And Okta
Once the above steps are complete, you must log out of your ContactMonkey account (if you're logged in) and re-login by entering your email address and clicking "Sign in with Okta."
This allows us to detect your Okta tenant and connect it.
After the first login, we will store your email moving forward. This is cookie-based, so if you clear your cache, you must re-enter your email!
After you enter your email, you'll be pushed to the Okta login page and will need to log in with your Okta credentials for your first log in only.
Step 3: Authorize ContactMonkey
To authorize ContactMonkey to send through your email provider, all ContactMonkey users must sign into their provider within their ContactMonkey settings. This only needs to happen once.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your ContactMonkey dashboard.
- Click on your icon in the top right-hand side, and select "Settings" from the drop-down that appears.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left.
- Sign in to your email provider (Gsuite or Office 365)
Depending on your email provider, you will see either Gsuite Integration or Office 365 Integration:
Frequently Asked Questions
Example: contactmonkey.com, contactmonkey.ca, contact. monkey
Questions or concerns? We're always happy to help. 🤝 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the yellow Help button.