When sending a Mail Merge using ContactMonkey, you may see an option to "Track Aggregate," also known as overall tracking. This controls whether our tool tracks this email as one mass distributed email, or multiple versions of the same email. Here is a breakdown of the key differences. For more information on sending mail merges, take a look at this Getting Started article.
Please note that both options will still include 24hr performance, desktop vs mobile stats, best performing locations, best performing links, etc.
- You do not have the option to insert fields such as "First Name" or "Company Name" to personalize the merge.
- When viewing stats, you will get an overall view of total opens and clicks from all recipients. You will not be able to track whether specific individuals have opened the email or not.
- If sending to a large list (e.g. 1000+ recipients), your email will send faster when overall is on.
Overall Off (aka Individual Tracking)
- You do have the option to insert fields such as "First Name" or "Company Name" to personalize the merge.
- When viewing stats, you will be able to see the overall performance of opens and clicks as well as seeing each individual recipients' opens and clicks.
- There is longer processing time for emails sent to larger lists (e.g. 1000+ recipients), as it takes around 1-3 seconds for each individual message to be sent.