There are 2 ways in which you can insert an attachment into your HTML template; you can link it to a button or a normal hyperlink.
Linking attachment to Button:
- Drag a Button from the content blocks into the desired row in your template.
- Click the Button, then navigate to the right sidebar and click ‘Link file’ under the URL field.
- From here you are brought to your File Manager where you can attach an existing file or upload a new one using the usual flow.
- Once your file is uploaded, simply Insert it from the File Manager page and it will link to the button.
Linking attachment to Hyperlink:
- Highlight the desired text within your text box on your template.
- Click the ‘Insert/edit link’ button in the text menu bar.
- For Link Type, select File Manager and upload or Insert the attachment from here.
- Once inserted, the attachment will be linked to the hyperlink.
When your HTML email is sent using ContactMonkey, your readers can click to open the attachment. Linking attachments this way allows ContactMonkey to track and report on the engagement of your attachment also.