A .JSON file is an open standard format file and is used to store and transmit data. It is a convenient way to share emails for editing. It is also a way to save a hard copy of your emails if you are experiencing issues with saving. ContactMonkey's customer support team may request a .JSON file of an email when assisting you with an issue.
Download the .JSON file
While working with a member of the ContactMonkey Support team, there may be a request to download a version of the email being worked on. To do this, follow the steps to download a file called a .JSON file.
- Open the ContactMonkey Email Builder
- Open the Email
- Click the drop-down arrow on the top right
- Click Save Email as JSON
- This will automatically start downloading the .JSON file.
After following these steps, the file will be available to send to the relevant person.
Import the .JSON File
When switching from another email editor to ContactMonkey, your account manager may replicate your newsletter to work with our easy-to-use software. In this case, you will need to import a .JSON file into your template editor.
- Download the file and save it to your computer
- Within the ContactMonkey platform, click the Emails tab.
- Click Create New Email
- Click Import JSON on the right
5. Select the file from your computer and import
The file will import as an untitled email. Remember to change the title to avoid confusion. More best practices can be found here.
Check out this video for a detailed explanation!