As you may know, ContactMonkey enables users to easily embed the thumbnail of any public facing YouTube or Vimeo hosted video. If your video is hosted privately or on a separate site, ContactMonkey recommends:
- Take a screenshot of the video to be used as the thumbnail within the email.
- Insert the thumbnail into an image block within your template.
- Click ‘Apply effects and more’ from the right sidebar and go to the ‘Shapes’ tab.
- Insert the triangle shape and rotate it so it looks like a play button.
- Click the + icon on the left to change the color and outline of the Play button.
- In the same sidebar, scroll to Image Link, and paste in the URL of the video you would like to share.
The result will look identical to inserting a video block: