Our team has worked hard to ensure that our template builder is compliant with the American Disabilities Act. The following are already active in our template builder:
- role attribute in presentation tables
- tabindex attribute on image links
- Presence of ALT attributes
Things that require additional customization on your end:
- Page title: the editor is agnostic to the message name, subject, or whatever text string will be used for the HTML title, which is set outside of it, by the application that sends the image or hosts the landing page.
- Language: even if the editor is started with a specific language for the UI, the actual content of the message may be different and needs to be indicated by the user outside of the editor.
- Both things can be handled by post-processing the HTML when saved, adding the tags and values that are needed.
Basic ADA Compliance Checklist
- Maintain a logical reading order
- Use headings
- Include sufficient contrast between text and background colors
- Provide text alternative for images
- Feature meaningful link text
- Keep your message concise
- Utilize the title content block in the template builder
- Input alt text for all of your images