ContactMonkey enables you to add hyperlinks to text—making it easy to redirect your audience to essential URLs, emails, and files.
To add links to your text, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your ContactMonkey dashboard
- Head to Emails
- Locate the email you wish to add a link to, or create a new email.
- Add in a text block
- Click your text content, and then you will see the below text editor pop-up.
- Click the link icon to see the link type menu.
- Next, you click the “Link Type” drop-down to display the various link types you can hyperlink into your text.
- Finally, once you select the link type you want to include, you populate the required information.
- Insert a hyperlink to external sources or internal sources such as your intranet, Sharepoint instance, or other URL that you host.
- When a reader clicks on it, an email window will open with the pre-populated email address, subject line, and email text you inputted.
- File Manager
- This will link to a file already uploaded into your file manager. This is useful if the file already exists on your device such as PDFs.
- When a reader clicks on it, the telephone number appears on their device's preferred app.
- When a reader clicks on it, the telephone number is pre populated into their preferred texting app.
The below example is for a pre-populated email to be hyperlinked to the text.
Best Practice Tip:
Be sure to put links in your communication to encourage engagement!