ContactMonkey makes it simple to collaborate with your teammates. Invite, organize, and assign permissions to collaborate securely & seamlessly on emails, templates, and other tasks. Learn more about Roles and Teams within ContactMonkey and how to use them effectively below.
|✔️ Internal Communications Tool||✖️ Sales Tool|
ContactMonkey enables you to manage your users on a Team level and Role level.
Only Admins and Owners can manage Teams and Roles within ContactMonkey. Check out Using Roles below to learn about the differences between each role level.
Reporting & analytics on a team & organizational level.
Control which Team a user can see and send emails from.
|Control who has permission to manage features, invite new teammates, and change users' roles.|
Using Teams can help you gain valuable data and insights on a team and organizational level, enabling you to analyze trends, measure performance, and optimize your internal communication efforts.
Roles will help ensure that your sensitive information remains secure, providing a safe environment for internal communication and data sharing.
Here are some reasons you may wish to leverage Teams and Roles:
- You are working cross-functionally and sending communications on behalf of multiple teams, such as Internal Communications and Human Resources
- You’ll want analytics on both teams separately but need access to send from both
- You have a designer assisting with content creation for multiple teams, but not all teams
- You have management wanting to approve content across multiple teams
Teammates can be part of multiple teams.
Primary teams are mandatory. If you do not assign one when inviting a user, they are assigned to the “Default Team” upon joining. The Primary team can be changed at any point.
Secondary teams are optional. They are helpful in cross-functional roles and collaboration. If a user is part of multiple teams, they can choose which team they are sending from during the sending process.
Roles control what each teammate can and cannot do within ContactMonkey. There are four role options:
There can only be one Owner. The Owner is, by default, assigned as the person who created the ContactMonkey account.
Only the Owner can manage ContactMonkey billing & payment.
You cannot change the Owner within your ContactMonkey dashboard. If you need to change the Owner of your account, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Admins can add users as any Managers or Basic Users, and can manage users in any team.
Admins can see & send every member's assets & statistics on all teams, plus manage org-level settings and features.
Managers can manage and delete emails & stats for their primary or secondary teams only.
Basic Users can only see and send their own assets & statistics.
Tips For Using Teams & Roles
Regardless of how many users you currently have in ContactMonkey, we recommend you start thinking about how you'll use Teams & Roles early! This will help ensure you're set up for success as you grow with ContactMonkey.
Things to consider:
- How are teams within your organization currently structured?
- Why: Setting up Teams based on how your company is currently organized makes it easy to understand how people are organized within ContactMonkey.
- Which teams currently communicate most in your organization, and will they potentially want access to ContactMonkey in the future?
- Why: Considering how your ContactMonkey account may scale will make it easier as you move forward.
- Are there instances in which you need to ensure that a user cannot see another users work?
- Why: Using the right role (Basic User) will ensure information stays secure.
There can be multiple Admins, but we suggest you are sparing with this role. Admins should only be advanced ContactMonkey users who must manage multiple teams and users.
Instead, leverage the Manager role.