ContactMonkey's email builder is designed to build HTML-coded emails that are optimized across multiple devices. However, with that being said, there are a few important points to note to ensure formatting is set up correctly so that your email renders flawless on mobile devices:
- New Rows: Use a new row for each piece of content.
- Hide on Mobile: Use "hide on mobile" for items that may not look as nice on a mobile device as they do on the desktop
- Avoid Tables: They aren't mobile-compatible. Click "Hide on Mobile" if embedding tables. This will ensure they still feature on dekstop devices.
- Do Not Stack on Mobile: This prevents rows with multiple pieces of content side by side from stacking on top of one another on a mobile device.
- Preview your Communication: Use the "Preview" button while building to see what the email looks like on both device types.
- Toggling to Mobile View: ContactMonkey has a toggle feature in the email builder to allow users to change the builder to replicate a mobile device screen. This will be visible at the top left of the window.
- Content Width: Set width is set to 800 px, the optimal size for both desktop and mobile.
Font Size: Adjust font size to 14px.
- Enable Reverse Stacking: Make sure images show up before text on mobile by enabling reverse stacking.
Use emoji reactions to boost engagement.
- Always Test emails – ensuring its coming from the right mailbox, the email formats correctly, and all of the links redirect correctly. Learn how to send emails here.