Our event management feature does not currently support sending recurring meeting invites. However, by using Outlook settings in conjunction with the embed feature, you can achieve a similar result.
Create Your Invite in Outlook
- Within your account create a meeting invite just like normal.
- Insert links, instructions or agenda points into the body of the invite.
- Ensure that the invite is at the correct time and day.
- Click on the recurrence button in the outlook toolbar and input the data and time for when you want your invite to occur.
- Once all details within your invite are correct, click on the dropdown beside the “forward” button on the left hand corner of the outlook toolbar. Click forward as iCalendar.
- Next a new message will appear with an attachment already loaded. The attachment will be named whatever your invite is named.
- Drag and drop this attachment to your desktop and save it
Embed Into the Builder
- Open up the ContactMonkey Template Builder and open the template you want to insert the recurring meeting invite into.
- In this template, insert a button or piece of content from which you would like recipients to download your invite. Name it something that calls on the recipient to click on the button, like below.
- Click on the button or content area and the navigation pane will open up. Once opened up you will see a function called “Link File”.
- Once you click on link file the ContactMonkey file upload system will open.
- Click “upload” and upload your invite to the ContactMonkey file upload system.
- Once this is done, your file will appear. Click the checkbox in the top left hand corner and then click insert in the bottom right hand corner.
- This will bring you back to the template builder and link your file within the button or content area in your template.
- When you send out your email, when your recipients click the button the invite will download. They will then click on it and receive a prompt to add it to their calendars.