If your company uses Google Workplace and hasn’t set up an image URL proxy allow list, your ContactMonkey data may be inaccurate.
Google Workspace has set up a proxy to prevent phishing attacks and keep you secure. This proxy affects location tracking data in ContactMonkey. With the proxy in place, you’ll only receive the location of the proxy server and not your readers. You can set up an image URL proxy allowlist to fix this.
This will need to be done by your Google Workspace account administrator.
These steps need to be done by a Google Workplace Administrator. They should follow the steps provided by Google and add https://contactmonkey.com/ to their image URL proxy allowlist.
Configure the Image URL proxy allowlist setting
- Make sure you're signed in to an administrator account. Learn more.
- In the Admin console, go to Menu → Apps → Google Workspace → Gmail → End User Access.
- On the left, select your top-level organization.
- Scroll to the Image URL proxy allowlist section.
- Enter https://contactmonkey.com/ to the image URL proxy allowlist patterns. Matching URLs will bypass image proxy protection.
- At the bottom, click Save.
You can track prior changes under Admin console audit log.
View the full steps provided by Google here.
Once you've added ContactMonkey to your Google Workspace Image URL proxy allow list. You’ll be able to receive accurate location tracking information.