With ContactMonkey's template builder, you have the option of using both custom and public GIFs to spice up your email.
In this section:
Public GIFs with GIPHY
- Format your template and row, then drag in the GIF content block from the right sidebar.
- Click 'Search for gifs with GIPHY'
- The following screen will bring you to the options available to you with GIPHY, use the search bar to look for GIFs to suit your theme.
- Click on the one you would like to select and it will populate in your template. You are ready to go!
Using Custom GIFs
- Ensure the GIF you will be using is saved as a GIF file or a .gif image.
- Format your template and row how you like, then drag in an Image block where you would like the GIF to be positioned.
- Upload your custom GIF into the Image block and you should see it animate within your template.
- GIF animation within the email is only supported for Office 365 and Gmail readers.
- Readers using Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2019 will have to display the email in a browser for the GIF to animate. However, readers using the Outlook mobile app will see the animation.
- For Office 365 readers, the GIF-animation will not loop indefinitely but will only loop 3 times. After 3 animation loops, the animation will stop and a Play button will show on the image. Pressing this Play button will loop the animation another 3 times.