Buttons are a super-easy way to link to external URLs, intranets, attachments, and CTAs.
To use a button, simply drag it in from the Content sidebar to the designated spot within the email.
- Opening a web page is the default setting for a button, and the content properties area allows you to simply paste a URL to be linked with the button.
- These links can be external links to press releases or website articles, as well as links back to your intranet.
- Any link embedded within a button will be tracked and displayed in the Best Performing Link section in your analytics report.
- You can change the behavior of the button to open or link a file, rather than a URL.
- By selected the 'Link File' button under the URL address bar, you will be brought to your File Manager where you can link an existing file, or upload a new one from your device.
- Clicks to download this file will be tracked similar to any other URL link.
- Your button can also be used as a CTA to send an email.
- By changing the 'Link type' to 'Send email', a recipient field, subject line and body can be pre-populated for when a reader clicks to send an email, as seen below.